Thursday, December 20, 2007
Sally had her house beautifully decorated for Christmas and had her finest china out and even had her daughter serve us...it was quite the treat!
Everyone brought a different kind of cookie for each of us to take home in a fun container...here is a look at the goodies I came home with. Yummy!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving after shopping is done.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Aunt Betty's sweet potatoes.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we have in the past when we just can't wait til the next morning. I think that habit comes from my dad...he was always itching to open gifts.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With white lights and silver and red ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as it isn't on the roads. See snow tubing pics below.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The first Christmas Brian and I were dating he gave me a sign that says, 'Prayer Changes Thing'. It is up in our living room and always reminds me of God bringing us together.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. And eating lots of Christmas goodies. :o)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.
20. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever the gift fits in best. I do LOVE to wrap presents.
21. Real tree or artificial? Definitely real.
22. When do you put up the tree? The weekend of Thanksgiving...usually Friday or Saturday.
23. When do you take the tree down? The week after New Years.
25. Hardest person to buy for? Probably any guy (Brian, dad, Mike, etc.)....their gift ideas are always too expensive!
26. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.
27. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one of the top of my head....I am sure one of those $5 or $10 gifts that probably only cost $1.
29. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story...is that what it's called? The really old one where the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flag pole. It's on every year.
36. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crazy mean shoppers.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Saturday night we had the Meeuwsen Christmas party. Our families are getting bigger so this year we held the party at Vriesland Ref. Church. It worked out great. Santa Clause even showed up and surprised the kids and the guys were able to get a game of basketball in.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
On Saturday my family went to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a lot to take in and we were there over 3 hours. Apparently Brian doesn't get enough farming in so him and Mike had to sit in the combine to experience it. They had a new Farm Trend area.
After the Museum we headed to our hotel downtown, grabbed some snacks and headed out to go shopping. Well the weather wasn't exactly the greatest. It was sleeting sideways and was really cold so the 2 million shoppers were all in the stores. My mom, Brian, and Mike all had to buy hats because either their hair was wet and nasty or they were cold. We hit the Cheesecake Factory for dinner...YUMMY!
Sunday Mike and Kim went their own way to head to IKEA so Brian and I and my parents headed home but made the crucial stop at Cabela's on the way. We went to the new one in Hammond, IN and my parents were able to get some Christmas shopping done.
Brian found some friends to play poker with while we were there. :o)