Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Memories

Saw this on someone's blog and thought it would be fun... join in and do your own!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both but supposedly you can't drink egg nog when you are pregnant. So I stick with hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn't come to our house. At least not yet...maybe in a couple of years when there are some little ones running around!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving after shopping is done.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Aunt Betty's sweet potatoes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Opening stocking gifts on Christmas morning.

8. How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember...I just remember getting up one year and seeing my mom sneak presents into our stockings.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we have in the past when we just can't wait til the next morning. I think that habit comes from my dad...he was always itching to open gifts.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With white lights and silver and red ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as it isn't on the roads. See snow tubing pics below.

12. Can you ice skate? I used to be able to...not sure I can now. I remember my brother holding a stick for me to hang on to so I could learn.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The first Christmas Brian and I were dating he gave me a sign that says, 'Prayer Changes Thing'. It is up in our living room and always reminds me of God bringing us together.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. And eating lots of Christmas goodies. :o)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Grandma's ice cream balls with lots of hot fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the house with Christmas decor. Although we don't have many people come over to see our house I still love doing it.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing....the star I bought is too heavy for real trees I guess.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Honestly a little of both. I do love to see peoples expressions when you surprise them with something they weren't expecting.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.

20. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever the gift fits in best. I do LOVE to wrap presents.

21. Real tree or artificial? Definitely real.

22. When do you put up the tree? The weekend of Thanksgiving...usually Friday or Saturday.

23. When do you take the tree down? The week after New Years.

24. Do you have a nativity scene? No, my mom has this really cool one from Mexico that I always loved to put out.

25. Hardest person to buy for? Probably any guy (Brian, dad, Mike, etc.)....their gift ideas are always too expensive!

26. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

27. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one of the top of my head....I am sure one of those $5 or $10 gifts that probably only cost $1.

28. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...although this year I am being Scrooge and not sending any out. I figure this is our last year we can get away with it. I like to do a picture and last year we had a nice beach one....this year, nothing, so next year we will have a baby to show off!

29. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story...is that what it's called? The really old one where the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flag pole. It's on every year.

30. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Thanksgiving.

31. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep! Doing it this year...just one of those $5 or $10 exchange gifts from last year that I came across. :o) Can you tell I don't like doing those? :o)

32. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything!

33. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Stay home...meaning Holland/Zeeland area. We are blessed to have all of our family in the area!

34. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Probably not...I could cheat and look online but that wouldn't be any fun.

35. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both!

36. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crazy mean shoppers.

37. What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with family.

38. Favorite Christmas Traditions? Having a candle light dinner with my family on Christmas Eve and then opening gifts.

39. Favorite Christmas Memory? Seeing who has the best Christmas socks at the De Jonge party.

No comments: