Thursday, December 20, 2007
Sally had her house beautifully decorated for Christmas and had her finest china out and even had her daughter serve us...it was quite the treat!
Everyone brought a different kind of cookie for each of us to take home in a fun container...here is a look at the goodies I came home with. Yummy!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving after shopping is done.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Aunt Betty's sweet potatoes.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we have in the past when we just can't wait til the next morning. I think that habit comes from my dad...he was always itching to open gifts.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With white lights and silver and red ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as it isn't on the roads. See snow tubing pics below.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The first Christmas Brian and I were dating he gave me a sign that says, 'Prayer Changes Thing'. It is up in our living room and always reminds me of God bringing us together.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. And eating lots of Christmas goodies. :o)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.
20. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever the gift fits in best. I do LOVE to wrap presents.
21. Real tree or artificial? Definitely real.
22. When do you put up the tree? The weekend of Thanksgiving...usually Friday or Saturday.
23. When do you take the tree down? The week after New Years.
25. Hardest person to buy for? Probably any guy (Brian, dad, Mike, etc.)....their gift ideas are always too expensive!
26. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.
27. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one of the top of my head....I am sure one of those $5 or $10 gifts that probably only cost $1.
29. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story...is that what it's called? The really old one where the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flag pole. It's on every year.
36. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crazy mean shoppers.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Saturday night we had the Meeuwsen Christmas party. Our families are getting bigger so this year we held the party at Vriesland Ref. Church. It worked out great. Santa Clause even showed up and surprised the kids and the guys were able to get a game of basketball in.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
On Saturday my family went to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a lot to take in and we were there over 3 hours. Apparently Brian doesn't get enough farming in so him and Mike had to sit in the combine to experience it. They had a new Farm Trend area.
After the Museum we headed to our hotel downtown, grabbed some snacks and headed out to go shopping. Well the weather wasn't exactly the greatest. It was sleeting sideways and was really cold so the 2 million shoppers were all in the stores. My mom, Brian, and Mike all had to buy hats because either their hair was wet and nasty or they were cold. We hit the Cheesecake Factory for dinner...YUMMY!
Sunday Mike and Kim went their own way to head to IKEA so Brian and I and my parents headed home but made the crucial stop at Cabela's on the way. We went to the new one in Hammond, IN and my parents were able to get some Christmas shopping done.
Brian found some friends to play poker with while we were there. :o)
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Can you find the kitty? She feels one with nature. ha, ha. Either that or she is sick of us and wants to get wrapped up and given away this year! I hope not. I think she was actually trying to hide from me b/c I had to keep yelling at her b/c she likes to play with the bows on the presents.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound...what an amazing thing to witness! It was so neat to see the arms, legs, hands, face, etc., etc. We hear that little heartbeat every month which is awesome but to see our baby was truely amazing! It seemed as if the baby was sucking its thumb...that would be thanks to Brian! Hopefully the baby doesn't have the stubborn Meeuwsen blood too! :o) And we stayed strong and didn't find out what the baby was. The tech did a great job of not showing us those parts! She said we have a VERY wiggly baby that wouldn't quit moving around.
Driving home yesterday I read Borculo CRC's sign and it said, "Thank God today for the gift of life." It brought tears to my eyes. It really sunk in to think that I am carrying a human being inside of me...God is awesome!
Friday, November 16, 2007
And the after picture. If I do say so myself I think it turned out great! I will probably have Jen make me a seat cushion to match the curtains she is making me. She is definitely a BEST friend!
Now on to the next project. I have a couple more things I want to get done this weekend so hopefully I do!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
In the last couple of weeks we noticed that Lucky likes to lay by our clothes. Not sure if it is our scent that she enjoys or if she feels protected laying next to something. Last night I was folding laundry and she fell asleep right next to the piles. Then Brian came home from basketball so she came in the bedroom and laid on his pants. I know, cats ARE strange creatures but she is so darn cute, how can you resist her?
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Oh and congrats to Mark and Vicki on the birth of their new baby girl, Alyssa Joy! Hopefully there are some pics up on their blog soon. We are excited to see her!
As you can see Karinda is the photogenic one....Kylie, not so much. :o)
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Here is a pic of Emily (left) and her sister Samantha. Sorry...my camera doesn't take good indoor pics.
Then at night we had a couples baby shower for our friends Brent and Candace. I went to grade school with Candace and grew up with Brent so they have me to thank for setting them up! :o)Now they have a little one on the way in December. It was a lot of fun to catch up with the old South Olive group. Brian was quite the trooper playing the games...he had never been to a couples shower before so now he finally got to experience what us woman do! :o)
Here are the guys trying to figure out what kind of baby food they are looking at.
Candace and Brent checking out a blanket that Jen made for them (yes, we her nickname is Martha). :o) She is making curtains for my living room and nursery right now...I can't wait to get them!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Anyway....here are some pics with some neat people.
Jenna and I with Ben Stein.
And of course my cat, Lucky. As you can see she wanted to make sure yesterday that I didn't leave her again. She some how slide under my carry on bag strap. Too funny.
Here is our registration/check-in area. I helped out here most of the time. Don't we look professional?? :o)
Here is a picture of the massive ballroom. It holds 4,000 people and it was really cool. Sorry the pic didn't turn out the greatest. The event was held at the Hilton Washington---it was the hotel where President Reagan was shot at.
On Sunday we went to the roof top restaurant at the Hotel Washington. It was really neat over looking the city. Here is Sara and I enjoying our Chocolate Monument dessert. It was HUGE and we shared it with about 6 other people!
Here is a view from the restaurant. This one is a picture of the top of the White House. President Bush must have been there b/c there were two snipers on top. It was fun to watch them.
And of course we had to take a stroll past the white house.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Other weekend events....Friday night we got to hang out with our buddy Jacob and his mommy and daddy to hear all of his daddies hunting stories. Saturday night we went out with friends Mark and Vicki before their baby arrives. Sunday we just chilled out and went to Captain Sundae for their last open night! Yesterday I got to hang out for a little bit with my other buddy Grace. Lots of babies all of a sudden! Just got word that one of my friends growing up just had a baby boy! Congrats to Beth and Jon!
Our baby update....went to the doctor yesterday. I actually lost 2 pounds (if you know me I am not complaining about that!), heartbeat was 155 and all my blood work came back great so everything is going good! Feeling great! Just having a lot of dreams lately!