Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why does God allow pain?

That is a question that has been running through my head this weekend. Saturday morning Brian Busscher's mom called me to tell me that Brian and Kathy's little girl Grace drowned in Hutchins Lake. Why God? Why does he take such a precious girl from an amazing family? Brian and Kathy are perfect parents and had a perfect family. Only 7 months ago my best friend Jenni lost her baby girl Addison. Now I have to go through pain with my other best friend losing her 18 month child. I sat last night watching the musical fountain wondering how water can be so beautiful and how it can be so evil and take lives away. I talked to Kathy yesterday and we need to pray harder than we have ever prayed before. You always hear these stories but you never imagine they will happen to someone you know. In a split second God took that little girl to heaven with him. I bet she is singing songs and playing with Addison. But why? Why so young? It's not fair. We may never understand. Jackson will never get to play with his older sister. But we sure will tell him stories of how wonderful and perfect she was. I bet the angels in heaven are dancing with her and someday we will get to see her again.


Please pray for the Frieling and Busscher families. This week and weeks to come are going to be so hard. We need to pray that God will wrap his arms around them tighter than he ever has. Pray that he will give them strength and comfort to make it through each day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I have just heard about the tragic death of precious little Grace. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and heartache Brian and Kathy are going through. I know that you and Kathy are friends and as a mother my heart breaks for her. Please let me know if any needs arise for the family. I know that after my husband, Eric’s, father’s death the family was just in shock and the small deeds of family and friends meant the world and showed us God’s amazing grace. I would love to help out in anyway that I can to help ease the stress of everyday living in a world that will forever be changed. Please let me know if Brian and Kathy need dinner brought over (or left on a door step), groceries, their house cleaned, or a babysitter for their son. But, most of all please let them know that they are in our hearts and that we are on our knees for them.

In Christ,
Heather (Schaap) Hoffman

Anonymous said...

I forgot to leave a way to contact me. Please, please, please let me know if Brian and Kathy need ANYTHING.

Heather Hoffman

schaapheather@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Praying that God will comfort you and the families of Grace.

Margo

Kristen said...

I just wanted to let you know that the Busscher's are in our prayers and they are going to need a lot of support in the days to come. Make sure you give Carter all the love you can ever give him because everyday is so precious!

The VanderZwaags said...

Praying for the Frieling & Busscher families this week and the coming weeks. It makes you squeeze your own children harder knowing they are a precious gift from God and can be taken at anytime.

Nick and Kristi Bonstell said...

The families are in our prayers. If anything is needed please let us know!

Rachael said...

Praying for the Busscher's and extended Families.