Monday, March 22, 2010

The latest and greatest

The day we were home from Florida Great Grandma DJ was calling asking about her little guy. He is still the only great grandchild for her so he is pretty special. We headed to her house Monday morning to play. Carter is so sweet to her and it makes me so happy to see him run into her arms when he sees her. He ignored me the whole time and just played with her.
Carter LOVES to play with his trucks and cars. Daddy told him to line them up and then tried to get him to pose for a picture. He has such a funny fake smile lately....I have a feeling his 2 year pics are going to be a nightmare!
Friday we headed to the OAISD playgroup. Jen and Liam have joined us for the last few. The boys have so much fun and go from one thing to the next. Here they are playing with play dough.Then it was off to the pool of balls. Carter and Liam loved to dive into them. They copy everything the other one does!
Saturday I helped out with my cousin Steph's bridal shower. This was the cake I made (napkin that I tried to match next to it).

And this is Carter so mad at me while taking a picture of it b/c he couldn't have a piece. :) No worries...him and daddy got a piece when I got home.
Since my mom's b-day falls a day before Carter's we celebrated it yesterday at my brother and sister-in-laws house. Kim made a delicious meal despite her not feeling well. Since we had cake on Saturday and will have it next weekend Kim made my mom's favorite...Key Lime pie. It was so yummy! Carter had to help blow out the candles.
And of course had to help her open her presents.
This week Brian is off to Nebraska again and it's a busy week at the home front. I have a bridal shower and retirement party that I helped coordinate at work, a church meeting, my pre-admission appt. at the hospital, work and somehow I have to get everything together for Carter's b-day party on Sunday....the days are going to fly! I guess that's good! I did finally get all of Carter's stuff moved from the nursery to his bedroom so we are making progress on getting ready for the baby. I have my 36 week appt. on Monday so I'll post some updates then.

No comments: