Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving day after church we headed to my parents house for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with just our immediate family. After lunch we told my dad we were taking him out for his 60th birthday on Saturday night but had him open his present then which as you can see was probably a good idea. :) We surprised him with a new muzzle loader. When carrying the package in Carter told Grandpa Jim it was a big chocolate bar (oh he thinks like his mom). :)

Thanksgiving night we headed to Brian's Aunt and Uncles house to have a meal with the Meeuwsens. Friday I stayed home and avoided the crazy shoppers and bought some stuff online...so much nicer! On Saturday I did run to town for a bit while Brian took Carter to ZFS and my mom took Trey to go pick out her Christmas tree with Mike, Kim and Kasen.

After we were all back home and had lunch we headed out to pick out our Christmas tree at Prince's in Borculo. That is where my family always bought ours so it's kind of a fun tradition. Jade was all bundled up ready to go.
And this is the one we picked out! Stayed tuned next week for pictures of it decorated.

Saturday night was my dad's actual 60th birthday so my cousin and her hubby came to babysit (for free!) so we headed to Rosebud's in Grand Haven. We were the only ones in the dining room so we were a little nervous and joked that my mom rented the entire place for us. But the food was awesome and we had a great time!

No comments: