Thursday, September 23, 2010

Values Voter Summit 2010

Last week Wed.-Sun. I was off to Washington DC with 10 other staffers from our Holland office. Our headquarters are in Washington DC and we held a summit at the Omni Shoreham hotel hosting over 2,000 attendees. To see what it was all about you can visit http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/. The ladies from our office were in charge of checking people in among other tasks. This was our mascot for the weekend. :) The name tag covers up the word Congress.
It's an exciting event where we had speakers such as Newt Gingrich, Bill Bennett, Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Sean Hannity (below), etc. I personally am not a big political guru but it's fun to see how excited people get about this stuff. A few of us also got to get a tour of the White House. I had never been there so I thought it was pretty cool.
I think one of my highlights was getting to see and meet the Duggar family! I assume most of you are familiar with them or their show 19 Kids and Counting. They were so fun to watch and listen to their story. They truly are a genuine family. We presented them with a Pro-Life Entertainment award and they also sang and played their violins for us. They were so cute!
Tony presenting the award to Jim Bob and Michelle. I got to introduce myself to Jim Bob at the Gala dinner we had on Saturday night b/c I helped his crew find their table. It was kind of awkward actually saying "Jim Bob." :)
Here's the 8 ladies from our office that worked at the event.A picture of the wonderful dessert...served on a very cool rectangle plate!
Here's most of the FRC crew that worked at the event. We got together for some ice cream after the Gala dinner to enjoy each other's company and relax for a bit! It was a late night with an early flight. I actually slept with my head on the lap tray I was so tired!
Most of all I missed these little dudes! It was probably about one day too long to be away from home but we all survived. Carter took it a little harder than I expected. Of course Trey was good as gold and full of his normal smiles! Brian said I can't go away for long time! (Trey's shirt courtesy of my BFF Jen...she's always making something for my boys!) :)

No comments: