Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wonderful Week

We started off our week by going to the Zeeland Memorial Day parade with our families. Eric and Kate were home for the weekend so Carter was able to enjoy it with the girls.
My mom and dad and Grandma DJ joined us.
Mom and dad Meeuwsen with their grand kids.
After the parade we headed out on mom and dad Meeuwsen's boat and headed to Saugatuck and anchored outside the pier for the afternoon. Trey HATED his life jacket at first but once we got out of the channel and it cooled off we figured out it was just the heat that had been bugging him and then he was happy. He loves to stand by this door and watch the water and boats.
Carter was so tired that he actually fell asleep snuggling with me...he loves to cuddle but so unlike him to fall asleep! He loves to sleep on the boat though and the boys both took awesome naps.
Carter has been waiting to plant my flowers with me so we got that done this week too. My mom had picked them up while I was in DC last week. Carter did a great job and it's so fun to see how excited he gets when he can help me.

Trey happy as can be playing in the sandbox. Poor guy got eaten up by mosquitoes even with spray on and I think one was in his bedroom this week..he looks like he has the chicken pox!
Last night Sydney transformed her sandbox into a pool and it worked great to add bubbles and do baths as well!
Today after church we went to mom and dad Meeuwsen's for lunch and then out on the boat to Laketown beach. I stayed with Trey (and then later Carter) on the boat while they napped (great naps!) which was nice. It was so peaceful and I got 1/2 a book read! Carter and Brian climbed the sand dune so I was able to catch this shot of them running down the hill.
Brian, Trey and mom enjoying the ride back to Holland.
After dinner the boys were so full of sweat, sunscreen and sand that they needed baths. Since they only have older girl cousins grandma only had a stash of girl PJ's...good thing they didn't care! :)
What a great week!

2 comments:

nicole tieri cornell said...

Oh. My. STARS!!! Seeing them in those girly pjs makes me able to picture your DAUGHTER even better! Hope this does not offend you, but they make pretty little girls :)

Anonymous said...

It's a preview of who is to come! They'd totally make adorable girls!!